Brunette Formulations from Anita
Clairol Professional Lead Color Master
What can be more beautiful than a deep, rich, lustrous brunette hair color? Try
this formulating tip for all your brunette clients: Just add 1/2 oz. of a
neutral-based shade to your brunette formula. You'll eliminate brassy tones,
cover pesky grays, and maintain rich shine!
Choosing Permanent Brunette Shades
Easy choice: Stay within 1 to 2 Levels of your client's natural color; a
little lighter is flattering to most people.
- Lighten or brighten with a color 1 to 2 Levels lighter.
- For warm highlights, choose warm red or gold shades.
- To tone down red or gold highlights, choose cool or ash shades.
- To transform gray into highlights, choose a color 2 or 3 shades lighter than
client's natural color.
Keeping Brunettes Gorgeous
If brassy tones creep in, from roots to ends, neutralize them with this demi color formula:
- 1 Clairol Professional premium crème demi permanente 4A Light Cool Brown
- 1 Clairol Professional premium crème demi permanente 6A Dark Cool Blonde
- 2 Clairol Professional premium crème demi permanente dedicated developer
Every time you retouch and refresh, these simple tips keep brunettes rich and shiny:
- Don't skimp on color! Saturate the hair thoroughly.
- Don't skimp on time! Leave color on for full processing time.
- For relaxed or permed hair, leave color on just 7-8 minutes.
- For resistant gray hair, leave color on an additional 10 minutes.
Brunette Hair Color Techniques