Temporary Hair Color
How Does Semi-Permanent Hair Color Work?
- Large pre-formed color molecules adhere to the outer cuticle layer.
- The color is removed by the next shampoo, depending on the hair's porosity.
- No developer is used with temporary color.
- Safe for immediate use after relaxer.
Temporary hair color works on the surface of hair to add sheer color and it typically only lasts 1-2 shampoos. When applied to pre-lightened or extremely porous hair, temporary hair color may penetrate further into the cortex and stain the hair shaft.
For semi-permanent results use heat. Cover hair with plastic cap and process under warm dryer for up to 30 minutes. Rinse and shampoo.
Examples of Temporary Hair Color
- Clairol Professional Jazzing
- Hair color spray
- Mascara root touch-up wands
Clairol Professional Jazzing Temporary Hair Color is available in 18 fashionable shades. Jazzing provides sheer results with lots of shine and can be used after any chemical service to provide subtle tone and shine.
Brush Up on the Basics: