Semi-Permanent Hair Color
How Does Semi-Permanent Hair Color Work?
- Contains large and small color molecules that adhere to the outside of the hair, while some penetrate the cuticle layer, depending on the hair’s porosity.
- Some color is removed with each shampoo, but color typically lasts from 4 to 8 shampoos.
- True semi-permanents are not mixed with any type of developer.
Semi-permanent hair color works on the surface of hair to deposit color, yet lasts longer than temporary hair color.
Examples of Semi-Permanent Hair Color
- Clairol Professional Beautiful Collection Moisturizing Color (in the bronze bottle)
- Clairol Professional Beautiful Collection Advanced Gray Solution (in the silver bottle)
Beautiful Collection Moisturizing Color
This is a traditional semi-permanent color and can be used after any chemical service. There are 15 beautiful Moisturizing Color shades to choose from, ranging from blondes and deep brunettes to reds.
For longer-lasting, more vibrant results and enhanced gray blending, cover hair with cap and process under a warm dryer for 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes and rinse well. Do not shampoo. Heat is not recommended immediately after a relaxer.
Beautiful Collection Advanced Gray Solution
Advanced Gray Solution is available in 5 shades and provides longer-lasting gray coverage than traditional semi-permanent hair color for up to 50% gray blending. Advanced Gray Solution features SynAIRgy™ technology, meaning the color actually air-oxidizes to penetrate into the cortex to provide better coverage on resistant white hair.
Advanced Gray Solution is a great color choice for gray coverage on chemically relaxed hair because it requires no developer or ammonia. Heat is not recommended with Advanced Gray Solution.
Brush Up on the Basics: