Anita Gutierrez, Clairol Professional Lead Color Top ArtistWhat can be more beautiful than a deep, rich, lustrous brunette hair color? Try this formulating tip for all your brunette clients: Just add 1/2 oz. of a neutral-based shade to your brunette formula. You'll eliminate brassy tones, cover pesky grays, and maintain rich shine!
Choosing Permanent Brunette ShadesEasy choice: Stay within 1 to 2 Levels of your client's natural color; a little lighter is flattering to most people.
- Lighten or brighten with a color 1 to 2 Levels lighter.
- For warm highlights, choose warm red or gold shades.
- To tone down red or gold highlights, choose cool or ash shades.
Keeping Brunettes GorgeousIf brassy tones creep in, from roots to ends, neutralize them with this demi color formula:
- Clairol Professional crème demi permanente 6A Dark Cool Blonde
- Clairol Professional crème demi permanente dedicated developer
Every time you retouch and refresh, these simple tips keep brunettes rich and shiny:
- Don't skimp on color! Saturate the hair thoroughly.
- Don't skimp on time! Leave color on for full processing time.
- For relaxed or permed hair, leave color on just 7-8 minutes.
- For resistant gray hair, leave color on an additional 10 minutes.